If you are looking for a food friendly red table wine, Gamache Vintners Boulder Red is a great one to include in your stash. The grapes for this brilliant garnet red blend come from the Columbia Valley. The nose on this fruit forward wine offers aromas of raspberry, vanilla, and pomegranate. The tannins are velvety. On the palate the wine offers fruit and red licorice. The current blend is comprised of 38% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Malbec, 13% Cabernet Franc, 12% Merlot, and 12% Syrah. While the blend changes each year, we still find ourselves purchasing this wine vintage after vintage. The Boulder Red retails for around $18.
Feb 2, 2010
Subscribe to WBW Blog
- Eat, Drink, Enjoy Elysian Bifrost
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for Beer And Wine Lovers
- Best of Winter Beer Fest 2016
- Holiday In the Hood
- Forking Seattle Book Review
- Stress Free Santa Pictures!
- Pyramid Snow Cap Turns 30
- 2014 Tenet GSM Washington meets France
- Brew Santa Coming to Naked City
- Winter Beer Fest 2016