If you are looking for a food friendly red table wine, Gamache Vintners Boulder Red is a great one to include in your stash. The grapes for this brilliant garnet red blend come from the Columbia Valley. The nose on this fruit forward wine offers aromas of raspberry, vanilla, and pomegranate. The tannins are velvety. On the palate the wine offers fruit and red licorice. The current blend is comprised of 38% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Malbec, 13% Cabernet Franc, 12% Merlot, and 12% Syrah. While the blend changes each year, we still find ourselves purchasing this wine vintage after vintage. The Boulder Red retails for around $18.
- Sheridan Vineyard 2006 Cabernet Franc
- Gamache Vintners 2004 Estate Syrah
- Cabernet Classic Review: Wine benefit for CocA
- Top Washington Wine Blends
- Tri-Cities Wine Festival 2009 Review