Golden Hills Brewing Company, specializing in American style lagers, is the result of a long time dream of friends Bernie Duenwald and Graydon Brown. They met back in 1993 at the Siebel Institute’s Master Brewers program. Although their paths crossed frequently over the years, as detailed in this Spokesman Review article, it wasn’t until May of this year that the first kegs were available on tap at local bars. Now Golden Hill Lagers are available at over 20 different establishments in Spokane and the surrounding areas. Look for Clem’s Gold, a premium gold lager, named for Duenwald’s father and their second brew Lizzy’s Lager named for Duenwald’s daughter. Lizzy’s Lager is similar to an ESB but finishes clean like a lager. A third beer is in the works, Ben’s Brown for Duenwald’s son.
Subscribe to WBW Blog
- Tour Yakima Valley
- Mechanical Engineer Crushes it as Winemaker in Washington
- Search Party
- Excuse our dust
- Celebrating Syrah with Epic Food Pairings
- Vintage Pour Proves Walla Walla Wines Age Well
- Celebrate Walla Walla celebrates Syrah success
- Elysian Brewing: What is changing in 2017?
- Summer Sip in the Garden
- Search Party: Looking for music, art and beer at the Seattle Center