Twitter has proven itself as a powerful means to disperse information, news and reviews in the beer and wine world. A number of Washington wineries have been very successful in building and maintaining customer enthusiasm and loyalty via utilizing Twitter. Walter Dacon Wines started their Twitter account just days before they were nominated in our reader’s choice Tasting Room poll. Twitter was part of their strategy in getting the votes in and Walter Dacon won the title of best Washington State Tasting Room. Alexandria Nicole Cellars, Northwest Totem Cellars and Hard Row to Hoe are other wineries that provide their Twitter followers with a mix of news, photos, and opportunities for deals and special events.
On the beer side of the occasion, Naked City Brewery does a great job keeping their Twitter followers up to date with what is on tap. Big Time Brewery and Elliot Bay let their followers know not only what is on tap but also what is happening behind the scenes of the brewery.
These are but a few examples of wineries and breweries that were posting intriguing updates today. Special events like Seattle Food and Wine Experience, Taste Washington and Seattle Wine Awards use Twitter teams to promote their events, before, during and after. National and Worldwide virtual tastings are happening on Twitter and are a great way of educating the public about diversity and quality of Washington state beer and wine. The event that we co-sponsored for #WAMerlot ended up on the front page of the Seattle Times! Keep an eye out for #WAWine on June 3rd.
What can Twitter do for YOU?
I am a born skeptic, I came to Twitter, kicking, screaming and dragging my feet. I didn’t use my Twitter account for three months after the second week. I may be a skeptic, but I am not stupid, I had enough contact with people and businesses that I respected that were getting their needs met effectively and efficiently via Twitter that I took a second look. I haven’t looked back and since last November, I have been teaching others to evaluate how Twitter can be utilized to meet their needs and goals. For the May session of the Twitter course, I have made some changes to make it an even better deal for Washington breweries, wineries, and the organizations that support the Washington Beer and Wine Industry to learn how to efficiently and effectively utilize Twitter:
- The 6 week course is reasonably priced at $30 but use the coupon code WineBeer to get $5 off.
- Anyone using that coupon code will get a free Twitter profile background, utilizing your logo/graphics
- A special supplemental lesson that specifically addresses the Washington wine and beer industry
- We cover not only the basics of Twitter but the 3rd party applications that can integrate Twitter into your other marketing strategies, your daily routine and help you separate the good stuff from the “noise” in the Twitter stream.
This is in addition the general benefits of a course led at LVS Online.
- This 6 week course is instructor led, you have my assistant and myself available to answer your questions specific to your needs
- The course is online, you get the lessons and work on them when you have the time be it at 6am, noon or 2:30 am after last call
Sure you can figure out how to use Twitter on your own or hunt the web for free Twitter tutorials, but do you have the time to do that? Twitter for Business or Pleasure begins on 5/15. Registration closes 5/12 at midnight.