How can we pick a single Washington Brewery for May when so many Washington breweries are doing such great things for Seattle Beer Week?
Seattle Beer Week actually lasts eleven days because hey who is going to say no to more reasons to drink beer? Over 200 events provide you with opportunities to drink beer from near and far. Brewmasters from the smallest local nano breweries like Epic Ales to famous breweries from across the country like DogFish Head and across the pond like Rochefort Trappistes, one of only seven Trappists breweries in the world, will be pouring their beers and sharing their stories with Seattle Craft Beer lovers. Although we focus here on beers brewed in Washington, Seattle Beer Collective, the people behind Seattle Beer Week, focus on the beers that capture Seattle beer drinkers’ attention, no matter where they were brewed. It is the enthusiasm of Seattle beer drinkers that have distributors sending their best stuff to us, the rare and the very special.
There is a Seattle Beer Week event for almost every palate and every life style. Here is just a brief sampling of what is in store.
Meet the Brewer
- Roslyn Brewers Night at BottleNeck Lounge
- Lazy Days with Lazy Boys at Naked City Taphouse
- Odin Brewers Night at Old Town
- Black Raven Brewing at HopVine
- Boundary Bay Locker Lager Release
- Ave Ralt Malt Liquor Release at Big Time Brewery
- Bob’s Brown Release at Nickerson Street Saloon
Hike and Bike
Food and Beer Pairing
- Beer, Cheese, Wine Pairing Dinner with Hedges Winery and Pike Brewery
- Beer and D’Oh-Nuts
- Beerunch at Duck Island Alehouse
- Tale of Two Continents at Naked City
Spotlight on Washington Beer
- Seattle Cask-o-rama at Beveridge Place Pub
- Over the Mountains We go at Naked City
- This is Washington Dammit! at Beveridge Place Pub
- Kulture Freaks at Brouwers
- Cyclops Olympics at Elysian
- Beer and Movie Night – Doug and Bob McKenzie Style with Snoqualmie Brewery
We will be adding links to our posts about this festive and fun week. Check back for updates!
- Seattle Beer Week 2010 Official Beer – Hales IIPA
- Brouwer’s Back in Black Stout Fest
- Hales Ales Bucephalus (spring)
- Feliz Compleaños at the Dray