Beveridge Place Pub hosted the Annual Seattle Beer Week Cask-O-Rama, featuring Seattle breweries. The Seattle Beer Cask-O-Rama ran May 4-5, 2017 and was one of the Seattle Beer Week Kick-Off party locations on Thursday night.
It was Thursday night, that I stumbled in soaking wet out of the thunderstorm, half an hour late for the “official” kick off party, and desperately in need for something to finally go right that day. Seattle Beer Cask-O-Rama is definitely a way to turn your day around. Beveridge Place Pub was full of Seattle beer lovers escaping the torrential downpour and looking for good beer. The staff were well organized and the short beer line moved efficiently. Customers ordered by # on a paper menu for $6.50/pint or $16 for a taster tray of six 4oz pours brought to your table.
While in line, beer patrons eagerly shared their beer recommendations with each other, including: Cloudburst, Georgetown, Pike, & Hellbent. As bleak as the weather was, I went for the Urban Family hoping for sunnier days ahead.
Seattle Beers in Cask-O-Rama
1) Bale Breaker Seattle Beer Week IPA*
2) Big Time Brewery Perspective IPA hopped with Simcoe & Amarillo
3) Cloudburst Brewing Verse Chorus Verse IPA with Citra
4) Counterbalance Brewery Oaked Bad Wolf with Cinnamon
5) Fremont Brewing Summer Ale with watermelon
6) Georgetown Gusto Crema w/ Grand Marinier cacao nibs
7) Hale’s 15 Mins of Fame (May) IPA
8) Hellbent Brewery Bourbon Moon Tower Stout with maple syrup
9) Machine House Brewery Porter
10) Naked City Taphouse and Brewery Beer Garden Summer Mosaic
11) Pike Brewery Morning After Pale Dry-hopped with Mosaic
12) Ravenna Brewery Double Dry Hopped Citra Session IPA
13) Reuben’s Brews Azzaca IPA Dry hopped with with Mosaic
14) Schooner Exact Brewing Company Wa-Dat #2 Tart IPA
15) Stoup Brewing Joyride IPA
16) Urban Family Brewing Blackberry Harvest Berlinerweisse
*Bale Breaker Brewing Company is a Yakima based but they earned a space on the countertop by being the official beer of Seattle Beer Week 2017
Urban Family Brewing Blackberry Harvest Berlinerweisse
I only had time to try one of the Seattle Cask beers before I ran off trying to catch one of the Seattle Beer Week Kick-off Parties. As stated above, I went for the blackberry because I missed that sunny 75 degree weather earlier in the day and I at least wanted a taste of it!
The Urban Family Brewing Company Blackberry Harvest Berlinerweisse is a pretty rosy purple colored beer bursting with bright and tart blackberry flavor. Especially upfront, it is almost like biting into a juicy berry. As this wheat beer spreads over your tongue you realize you aren’t eating a handful of berries but are in fact drinking a refreshing sour wheat beer in the classic Berliner Weissbier style. This style of beer really benefits from the cask conditioning. Being served at the slightly warmer cellar temperature really is required to bring out all the nuances of a Berliner Weissbier.