It all began with a bus ride 11 days ago to four Seattle Beer Week kick off parties and concluded with the Brewer’s Hangover Brunch and BBQ at Malt and Vine. In between, I enjoyed two brewer’s dinners, beer and oysters, brewery competitions, two beer classes, special beer releases and many, many glasses of beer and over 20 different events! I managed to take a bunch of pictures and take a lot of beer notes during Seattle Beer Week, BUT I didn’t manage to compile those notes into complete and comprehensive sentences and compose blog posts. Look for those write ups and beer pictures in the following week.
In the meanwhile, here is a list of some my Seattle Beer Week 2012 highlights:
- Wild Watercress ravioli stuffed with duck, ricotta and freshly foraged oyster mushrooms. Topped with more of those oyster mushrooms sauteed with lime and paired with Epic Ales Bog.
- Sharing Naked City Opacity with friends at the 3rd Kick Off party.
- Savoring Big Time Brewery’s Heavenly Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout.
- Watching brewers going gaga over my Sweet and Sour Pulled Pork made with the Sour Beer blended in the New Belgium Sour Beer Symposium
- Making new friends at the Firestone Walker dinner with Sean Paxton, even if there was a mad rush for the SLOambic on nitro!
- Seeing the smiles and hearing the accolades of the 1st Annual Sip and Slurp: Beer and Oyster Pairing Competition
- Fantastic barrel tour and tasting at Fremont Brewery
- Riding the beer bus with Ed, he had such a good time, it was infectious!
Next year will be the 5th annual Seattle Beer Week and I have word that the planning begins soon for a very special Seattle Beer Week in 2013. Big thanks to Ian Roberts, Matt Younts and Mike Baker for their creativity, vision and hundreds of hours of hard work to make Seattle Beer Week possible!
- Seattle Beer Week 2012
- Seattle Beer Week: Print vs Online Guides
- Seattle Beer Week: Featured Brewery 5/10
- Seattle Beer Week 2011: Ales, Lagers, Parties, Oh My!
- Seattle Beer Week 2011 Final Weekend