The nine wineries in Whatcom county have come together to create the Whatcom Wineries Association. According to the Bellingham Business Journal,
“Having more wineries around is actually better for business because it raises people’s awareness that there are premium wines available here in Whatcom County, and we are likely to have people touring and visiting the wineries,” Ken Peck, owner of Dakota Creek Winery said.
The Whatcome Wineries Association has created the Whatcom Wine Trail, a new wine-tasting tour of local wineries with links to local wine shops and breweries.
Wineries within the Whatcom Winery Assoc.
- Chuckanut Ridge Wine Company, 1017 N. State St., Bellingham,
- Dakota Creek Winery, 3575 Haynie Road, Blaine, (360) 820-4752
- Dynasty Cellars, 2987 Haxton Way, Bellingham
- Samson Estates, 1861 Van Dyk Road, Everson, (360) 966-7787
- Honey Moon, 1053 N. State St., Bellingham, (360) 734-0728
- Glacial Lake Missoula Wine Company, 1625 Boblett St., Blaine, (360) 332-2097
- Legoe Bay Winery, 4232 Legoe Bay Road, Lummi Island, (360) 805-2710
- Mount Baker Vineyards, 4298 Mount Baker Highway, Everson, (360) 592-2300
- Vartanyan Estate Winery, 1626 Huntley Road, Everson, (360) 733-1097
OK, Who is ready for a road trip to Whatcom county? 🙂