The second international #Cabernetday is just around the corner on September 1, 2011. People from all around the world will be drinking and talking about Cabernet wines. Initiated by Rick Bakas, International Cabernet Day utilizes the power and scope of social media to educate and excite about Cabernet around the world. According to the SF International Travel Examiner:
People worldwide, in person and on-line sampled, debated, discussed, consumed and sampled all things Cabernet Sauvignon. In the social media world 7,146 contributors tweeted about the event in the days leading up to International Cabernet Day 2010, and the day after the event. Over 3500 Facebook posts on Cabernet were logged last year as well.
Washington #Cabernetday events
Bottle House is celebrating Washington Cabernet with:
- Woodward Canyon (Walla Walla)
- L’Ecole (Walla Walla)
- Cooper (Red Mountain)
- Corliss Estates (Columbia Valley)
- Fidelitas (Columbia Valley)
- Waters Winery (Yakima Valley)
- Desert Wind (Wahluke Slope)
- Domaine Pouillon (Columbia Gorge)
- Cedar River Cellars (Rattlesnake Hills)
- McKinley Springs (Horse Heaven Hills)
- Smasne Cellars (Snipes Mountain)
- Beringers Vineyard Private Reserve
- St Supery Etude
- Stags’ Leap “The Leap“
- Fidelitas Champoux Cab
- Longshadows Feather
- Can’t get to Esquin early? Don’t worry once the iconic Cabs are gone, Esquin will begin pouring a fine selection of Washington Cabernet for you to enjoy before the party moves to the Bottle House event of which Esquin is also helping to sponsor.
- Washington Cabernet: A preview of Cabernet Classic wineries will be pouring their wines, paired with bacon
- Washington vs the World PLUS Bacon: How well do you know your Washington Cabernet? Blind taste Cabernet from around the world to compare and contrast the differences between Washington Cabernet and other wine regions. In addition to the blind tasting, they will be pairing the wines with bites of gourmet bacon in the VIP lounge $5
- Vintage Cabernet: Learn more about how Cabernet ages in a Vintage Cabernet tasting in the Wine gallery. BYOB a bottle of Cabernet at least 8 years old to join the tasting.
Nectar Tasting Room will be organizing #Cabernetday in the Inland Empire. Discounts on all Cabernet and Cabernet blends. Appetizer plates will be 50% off.
- Top Washington Wine Blends
- Win FREE Cabernet Classic Tickets
- Taste Washington Seminar: Washington’s Icons of Tomorrow Part II of II
- Cabernet Classic Review: Wine benefit for CocA
- Cabernet Classic 2010