This weekend is the official grand opening of Patterson Cellar’s new Seattle Tasting Room and Event Space, located under Pike Place Market. Come check out their distinctly urban environment at the grand opening celebration January 29-30, 2011 12-8pm. Enjoy complimentary wine tasting and Hors d’Oeuvres from Volterra.
Sample these Washington wines:
- Patterson Cellars 2007 Syrah – Purple in color, this Columbia Valley Syrah is lush with black fruit, spicy with black pepper and grounded with dark chocolate. This is a full bodied wine that is practically a meal in itself. But if they have lamb and veal meatballs from Volterra, you got to trying pairing them with this Syrah!
- Patterson Cellars 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon -Recently released, this Columbia Valley Cabernet is loaded with cassis, cherry and milk chocolate, enhanced by baking spice. It is fruit forward Washington wine but it isn’t a fruit bomb. The assertive, not aggressive, tannins keep the fruit in balance.
- Patterson Cellars 2008 Forbidden Red – Imagine the complexity of a port without the high alcohol and sugar content and you have an idea of Forbidden Red. This is probably Ed’s new favorite wine, look for a full review soon.
- Sneak peak of the Patterson Cellars 2010 Rosé (scheduled for release next month) – Sangiovese and Tempranillo grapes were whole cluster crushed and co-fermented into creating this fruity, yet dry rosé. Chase away the winter blues with this bright wine, resplendent with strawberry.
- PLUS surprise tastes of other yet to be released wines
Patterson Cellars – Urban Style
This two level tasting room is an aesthetically pleasing combination of urban and modern structures of steel and cement, modern art and stark colors juxtaposed with the rustic and traditional touches of oak barrels, gingko plank tables and oak stave furniture.
The main tasting bar entrance is on Western Avenue, located by the Pike Place hill climb and across the street from The Spanish Table. Through the big plate glass windows, you see the attractive circular tasting bar. Wine is available as tastes, by the glass or by the bottle. Besides the tasting bar, there are a few cocktail tables where you can linger with your wine. With seating, knowledgeable staff, stellar customer service and event space, Patterson Cellars new tasting room meets our tasting room essentials.
Currently the Patterson Cellars tasting room hours are Thursday-Saturday from 12-6pm and Sundays from 12-5pm. Expect the tasting hours and days to increase as the weather improves. The tasting room availability will be updated on the Patterson Cellars web site. As soon as the weather does improve, outdoor seating will be available in the courtyard along the side of the tasting room.
The lower level is their 1800 sq ft event space. The Patterson Cellars event space is available for rental. The space has a capacity for a 100 person reception or for 50 person seated event. Patterson Cellars staff will assist you in organizing catering and event needs. A catering kitchen will be completed in about a month. Contact Stephanie@pattersoncellars.com for more information.
Patterson Cellars Seattle Tasting Room
1427 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
Disability accommodations: The Pike Place Hill Climb area can be challenging for the mobility impaired but Patterson Cellars are working to make it easier for you. The main tasting bar area is accessible and they are happy to escort you via ramps outside to the lower level event space. Think of it as a guided urban safari!
- Tasting Room Wish List: Recommendations
- Woodinville Pre-Passport and Release Party Wrap Up
- 5 Tips to Enjoying Woodinville Passport Weekend
- Winery Tasting Room Wish List Essentials
- Tasting rooms: Its your turn now