Hop Scotch is Fremont’s Spring’s Beer and Scotch Festival with a twist. At Hop Scotch, participants sample spring time beer and wine selections. In addition, participants can also purchase special scotch and tequila samplers or participate in a special Scotch Tasting Seminar with Master of Whisky, Ari Shapiro. Hop Scotch is a fund raiser for the Seattle International Film Festival and takes place on April 23-24, 2010.
Hop Scotch will offer 50 handcrafted microbrews and imports on tap. Here is a list of the Washington breweries pouring at Hop Scotch:
Other breweries, national and international, will be pouring as wellIn addition to tasting microbrews, guests can use their tokens for a full bottle of Heineken in the Heineken Green Room. Sit down in the ultra-green lounge to talk with friends, listen to music and enjoy the experience.
Hop Scotch offers three different opportunities to taste and learn about scotch.
- Scotch Educational Seminars
- Ari Shapiro, “Master of Whisky”, for a private one-hour educational seminar that will provide a guided in depth tasting, including 8-¼ oz whiskies for only $30
- Scotch Pairing Seminars
- Scotch and Chocolate – Lead by Master of Whisky Ari Shapiro and Theo Chocolate Founder Joe Whinney, guests explore an assortment of complementary tastes and discover their favorite pairing. The Scotch and Chocolate pairing seminar takes place Friday, April 23rd at 7:00pm for only $40.
- Scotch and Cigars – presented by Johnnie Walker, Partagas Cigars and Rain City Cigars, bouquets of fine rolled tobacco leaves are part of the sensory experience. Complimentary cigars will be given to guest to enjoy after the seminar. Saturday, April 24th at 4:00pm for only $40.
- Scotch Sampler
- Self-guided flight of 5-¼ oz. Scotches is available for just $10. The Master of Whisky will be on hand to answer questions.
Self-guided Tequila Sampler allows guests to try five-¼ oz. super-premium 100% agave tequila tastes. Representatives will be on hand to answer any of your tequila tasting questions. Tequila Sampler is available through out the weekend for just $10.
Hop Scotch features Small Lot Co-op Washington Wineries:
- Des Voigne Cellars
- Pouring: Solea and Montreaux
- Eleven Winery
- Pouring: Pinot Gris and La Ronde
- Lodmell Cellars
- Pouring: Sublime Red Blend and Merlot
- Morrison Lane
- Pouring: Cinsault and Viognier
- Willis Hall
- Pouring: Roussanne and Cabernet Sauvignon
Hop Scotch Spring Beer and Scotch Festival is held indoors at the Fremont Studios. On April 23, 5-12 midnight and April 24, 1-12 midnight.
- $25 General Admission: Admission, 5 oz. commemorative tasting glass and five beer/wine tasting tokens. $20 in Advance
- $30 Grand Admission: Admission, 5 oz. commemorative tasting glass and ten beer/wine tasting tokens. $25 in Advance
- $15 Non-Drinking Admission: Admission and four tickets good for water or soda redeemable at the Hop Stop booth. Not available for Advance Purchase
- Purchase tickets online for Hop Scotch, or in person at advance ticket outlets.
- Samplers and Education session tickets are only available for advance purchase online. These sell out fast!