The first annual Bremerton Summer Brewfest is Saturday, July 23rd, noon to 9pm. Bremerton is a pretty port town that knows how to show people a good time. Mountains serve as a dazzling back drop to this town across the sound from Seattle. Although best known for the military presence, Bremerton offers a lot more to it’s visitors. This summer it will be highlighting beer at the first Bremerton Summer Brewfest.
In years past, the main beer festivals were all located in Seattle because well, that is where the population density is. But there are some really great brewers outside the city limits and even more avid beer lovers spread through out the state that wanted to drink some really fine Washington beer without always dealing with ferries and mountain passes. With that in mind, the Washington Beer Commission has broadening the beer festivals by moving Oktoberfest to the east in Spokane last fall and adding in this brand new summer brewfest to the west this summer. I am excited about the diverse group of Washington breweries pouring at this brewfest, featuring their best summer brews. Several of the breweries are new to me and I always love to try a new beer!
Twenty four Washington Breweries will be pouring more than 50 different beers for you to choose from.
Summer Brewfest Breweries :
- American Brewing Co.
- Battenkill Brewing Co.
- Chuckanut Brewery & Kitchen
- DerBlokken Brewery
- Diamond Knot Brewery
- Elysian Brewing Company
- Fremont Brewing Co.
- Georgetown Brewing Co.
- Hale’s Ales Brewery
- Hood Canal Brewery
- Iron Horse brewery
- Mac & Jack’s Brewing Co.
- New Belgium Brewing
- Pike Brewing Company
- Port Townsend Brewing
- Redhook Brewery
- Roslyn Brewing Co.
- Silver City Brewery
- Slippery Pig Brewery
- Snoqualmie Falls Brewing
- Sound Brewery
- Valholl Brewing Co.
- 7 Seas Brewing
Bremerton Summer Brewfest will make a great mini vacation this summer. You can drive a leisurely and scenic drive along the Olympic Peninsula or come north via Tacoma. The Bremerton Summer Brewfest is just blocks away from the ferry dock, so leave the car at home and walk on board. Make it a weekend on the Kitsap Penninsula by booking a room. Bremerton Fairfield Inn and Suites is the official hotel for Summer Brewfest, located within walking distance. Mention the brewfest when you make reservations at Fairfield for a room discount.
WABL Summer Brewfest Benefits
- Two Additional Tasting Tokens
- Opportunity to sample special WABL Beer*
*Limited WABL beer available. WABL beer announced soon. Taste of the WABL beer requires one token
The Bremerton Summer Brewfest will be in Downtown Bremerton on Pacific Avenue between Burwell and 6th St on July 23, 2011 12-9pm.
- You must be 21 or older to attend this event. Proof of age required at the gate.
- Entry includes a tasting cup and five tokens good for 5.5oz tastes each Additional tokens may be purchased at $1.50 each or four for $5
- $15 advance tickets, $20 at the door (military discount tickets are $15 at the door) Designated Driver admission will be available at the gate for $5 (includes free water and soft drinks)
- Membership has its benefits: WABL Beer Bus Tour
- WABL Oktoberfest moving to Enumclaw
- WABL Oktoberfest Beer line up
- Belgianfest Beer List 2010 Released!
- Friday Night Highlights: Washington Brewers Fest 2010