The Taste of Washington Seminars are one of the best deals in town. Attractively priced seminars feature local and national wine experts, wine tasting AND a free lunch!
Held the Saturday before the Grand Tasting, the Taste of Washington Seminars are held March 26, 2011 in the Bell Harbor International Conference Center. An industry seminar is held early morning followed by a morning seminar session for wine lovers and wine makers. Lunch is included in the regular seminar ticket price. The hallways are lined with wine tasting opportunities upon your arrival and during lunch. A second seminar session is held in the afternoon.
Here is the line up for the 2011 Taste of Washington Seminars
9:30 am – Industry Seminar: From the Horse’s Mouth… $20
Distributors, retailers and restaurateurs to delve into the how and the why behind what wines they choose to add to their portfolios, shelves, lists and cellars.
Seminar Session One: 11:00-12:15
- A Sort of Homecoming: Food and Wine Pairing with Michael Mina – SOLD OUT
- Common Ground: A Seven Hills Vineyard Investigation – SOLD OUT
- Ladies First: Women in Washington Wine – $45
- Washington Emerging Varieties: Grenache Panache by Seattle Magazine – SOLD OUT
Lunch by Michael Mina
Seminar Session Two: 1:45-3:00
- In Search of Washington’s Singular Style – $50
- Washington State Syrah: Yes, We Can! – $45
- What’s the Point(s): Rating Washington State Wines – $45
- With a Rebel Yell: Washington’s Rock and Roll Winemakers – SOLD OUT
Last year was my first time attending the seminars and I was quite impressed with the information presented, the diversity of wines available for tasting and the opportunity to meet and greet with some of the best people in the Washington wine business. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to participate. Register for Taste of Washington Seminar before they sell out!